My18th
Follow and join in this discussion by using your free 18thConnect account.

Crowdsourcing Contributors RSS
An open discussion sponsored by Digital Cavendish Project. All 18thConnect users can read and comment.

Posted by shawnw.moore on Jul 25, 2017 05:29PM

Hi, everyone!

First, let me just say thank you to everyone who has helped us with making corrections. Second, we'd like to add each of you to the Digital Cavendish Project website to highlight the work you've done. 

If you'd like to be included, please reply here with a short bio and a headshot or image you'd like to use. I'll be working on the site to make these changes and to get everyone listed. 

Thank you,

Shawn 
Creative Commons License This post is protected by a Attribution Non-Commercial Creative Commons License. Learn more here.
Replies to this topic (5)

Posted by Erin A. McCarthy on Jul 26, 2017 04:36PM

Hi Shawn,

This is so thoughtful! I wanted to be sure I'd contributed a bit more before I replied here. In any case, please feel free to use this as my bio:

Erin A. McCarthy is currently postdoctoral researcher on the ERC-funded project "RECIRC: The Reception and Circulation of Early Modern Women's Writing, 1550-1700." Her research focuses on the transmission and reception of women's writing in manuscript miscellanies. She is also completing a book, "Print, Poetry, and the Reading Public in Early Modern England," which argues that although—or perhaps because—publishers’ critical and editorial efforts are often elided in studies of early modern poetry, their interventions have had an enduring impact on our canons, texts, and literary histories.

I've also attached a link to my Twitter photo. Please let me know if you need anything else. I'm looking forward to contributing more now that I have a little more time.

Thanks again!

All best,
Erin

Posted by mvanelk on Jul 26, 2017 08:05PM

Here's mine. Thanks, Shawn!

Martine van Elk is a professor of English at California State University. She has published essays on early modern women, Shakespeare, and vagrancy, co-edited a book collection on Tudor drama. In 2017, she published a book with Palgrave entitledEarly Modern Women's Writing: Domesticity, Privacy, and the Public Sphere in England and the Dutch Republic.She is currently working on a cross-cultural study of women and drama in England, the Low Countries, and France.

Posted by mvanelk on Jul 26, 2017 08:05PM

Can't figure out how to add a picture, but feel free to use the Twitter one...

Posted by LisaWalters on Aug 07, 2017 01:03AM

Thanks, Shawn!

Lisa Walters is a Senior Lecturer at Liverpool Hope University, UK. She is the author of Margaret Cavendish: Gender, Science and Politics (Cambridge University Press, hardback 2014, paperback 2017). She has also published a number of articles about Cavendish and Shakespeare. Currently, she sits on the Editorial Board of ANQ and was recently the President of the International Margaret Cavendish Society. She is currently writing a monograph that explores Donne, Shakespeare, Milton, and Behn in relation to early modern philosophical debates about the mind. 

Posted by Jose Saiz on Oct 20, 2017 04:34AM

Hello again and thank you very much!

Dr. Saiz Molina is a member of the MultiMediaModules team at the University of Valencia (UV), Spain. He is currently working with the editorial team of the Shakespeare Institute (Spain), which is translating Shakespeare's Complete Works into Spanish for the publishing house Cátedra (Anaya). Up until now he has participated in the bilingual editions of Midsummer's Night Dream, Measure for Measure, Titus Andronicus, Julius Caesar, Lost's Labour's Lost (the last two, in preparation) and in the Spanish version of Prof. James Shapiro's "1606, William Shakespeare and The Year of Life". At the UV, he worked as a researcher with the Vice-Provost's Office for ICT and as an Assistant Professor. He has also completed a short-term research stay as a freelance editor and translator at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust (Stratford-upon-Avon, UK) and La Casa del Traductor (Tarazona, Aragón). Currently, he is a TEI member and he is developing a new editorial project to translate the Complete Works by Margaret Cavendish into Spanish.
This comment was modified on Oct 31, 2017 10:21AM