Greetings and Salutations!
Due to some changes in our infrastructure, we’ve had a few glitches here and there over the past week. Thank you for the error emails! We are working on the problem, and hope to have it fixed soon.
The good news is that the server and infrastructure for the TypeWright application is now stable and secure at Texas A&M University. We have also updated our code base, so you should notice some improvements to Collex and TypeWright.
One of my favorite things to do on 18thConnect is collecting items. I get chills just to think of how easy it is to find material using this digital aggregation of resources! New services always have bugs, however, and we have recently experienced some interesting ones connected with our personal “My18th” pages. You can help us to solve the programming puzzles by letting me know about problems you have had with your collected items as they appear on your “My18th” page.
To help us transform these “bugs” into “good news,” please include the following information in your e-mail:
- A short description of the problem you have (to be especially helpful send a screen shot).
- Does the problem affect all of your newly collected items, or only some?
- Does the problem affect any of your previously collected items?
- If not all of your items are affected, the URI for the affected item(s).
- Whether or not using another browser (Mozilla, Chrome, Safari, etc.) solves the problem.
Your help will minimize the disruptions to all the great advantages that the 18thConnect brings to your research! To report errors, send an email to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply hit the Contact Us link on the site.